Easter Treat Recipe – Kids Easter Activities
March 20, 2010 · Print This Article
Kids Easter activities can include easy Easter recipes such as making our Bird Nest Treats. They are so simple to make, your three year old can help. The ingredients are simple too…. you’ll use only 4 items.
1. One 5 oz can of Chow Mein noodles. One 12 oz package of chips. You can use chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter or white chocolate chips. (I used the white chips because I love the color.) One scant TB of shortening, and One package of Easter Peanut M & M’s. That’s it.
2. You will need a cookie sheet or sheet cake pan. Place a piece of waxed paper on the sheet or pan.
3. Place your Chow Mein noodles in a bowl.
4. Place your M & M’s in another bowl for easy access.
5. Place your chips and 1 TB of shortening into a glass bowl.
6. Place the chips in microwave and melt them using the defrost setting. You don’t want to melt them too fast. Set the microwave for 2 min. Every 15 seconds, open the door of the microwave and stir the chips just until they are hot and completely melted.
7. Pour the melted chips over the top of the Chow Mein noodles and toss until all of the noodles are covered.
8. With a spoon, scoop out the noodles and place them on the cookie sheet you have covered with waxed paper. (You should get about 16 nests out of one recipe.)
9. Place three Easter Peanut M & M’s on the top of each nest. They will take about 15 minutes to set up if you just leave them at room temp. Or, you can pop the pan into the fridge for about 5 minutes.
There you go.
So easy and a great Easter activity for you and your kids. I found this recipe in a fun Family Easter Activity e-book. There is over 150 pages of Family Easter Activities which include Easter recipes, crafts, coloring pages and games.
What I really loved about this Easter activity book is that all the activities were not only simple, but inexpensive too. So many of the crafts were made with odds and ends that I already have around my house.
My grands love to make things when they come to visit. This handy e- book let’s me entertain them a bit with very little expense and effort.
Best of all… I downloaded this book and keep it on my computer for quick and easy reference. Easter is coming soon… and enjoy this season with your kids and grands… and check out this Family Easter Activity book.
P.S. Hmmm. Coming next…. a fresh asparagus recipe that is to die for…. another simple, and easy recipe that will be a hit with your family and guests at Easter dinner.
P.P.S. Here’s the video if you want to see me in action. It’s an easy Easter treat recipe your kids or grands will love.
- Easter Coloring Sheets Easter is just around the color and your Easter coloring...
- Lemon Easter Cake Easter cakes can very from bunny cakes, chick cakes or...
- Easter Bunny & Chicks On Easter Cards & Place Cards The Easter Bunny and Chicks are probably the most recognizable...
- Easter Almond M & M’s Taste The Best Did you know that Easter Almond M&M’s taste the best? ...
- Oatmeal Cookie Recipe – Cooking For A Crowd This cooking for a crowd, oatmeal cookie recipe, is a...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.