Oatmeal Cookie Recipe – Cooking For A Crowd
December 30, 2008 · Print This Article
This cooking for a crowd, oatmeal cookie recipe, is a winner in our family. It’s a nice variation from the traditional oatmeal cookie recipe because it’s filled with chocolate. Mmmm…. good.
The ingredients for these oatmeal cookies are simple and your probably have everything in your kitchen pantry.
Place 2 Cups of Butter… or 4 cubes of butter in a large bowl with 4 Cups of Brown Sugar. (No Margarine)
Cream the Butter and Sugar together and add 4 Eggs. Cream again.
Sift together the dry ingredients. 2 1/2 Cups Flour, 2 tes. of Salt and 2 tes. of Soda.
Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
Add 6 Cups of Oatmeal. I use Quick Oats.
Mix together well and form a Oatmeal Cookie Dough.
Press 1/2 of the Oatmeal Cookie mixture into the bottom of a greased 12″x17″ pan.
In a bowl, add 1 Can of Condensed Milk, 1 tes. of Vanilla, 1 Tb. of Butter, and 1 12oz package of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip.
Melt the the microwave. Stir the mixture frequently… so the chips don’t burn.
Pour the Chocolate mixture onto the Cookie Dough and spread evenly.
Take 1/4 to 1/3 Cup of the remaining Cookie Dough and pat flat. Place on top of the Chocolate Mixture as seen in the photo. Repeat the process until the chocolate mixture is covered.. A top crust.
When the Chocolate Mixture is covered, bake in a 350 oven for 20 to 25 min. Don’t over bake. As soon as the top crust browns lightly… it’s done. Remove from the oven and cut into 2 inch squares.
Serve with ice cream or a cold glass of milk. Mmmm. Good.
Hope you enjoy!
P.S. If you’re not cooking for a crowd.. and want a smaller batch of Oatmeal Cookies….. simply cut the Oatmeal Cookie dough portion of the recipe in half. Use the entire Chocolate recipe as is… You will have a thicker Chocolate layer… which alright with me… I love chocolate. This Oatmeal Cookie Recipe fits in an 11″ X15″ pan.
- Perfect Whipped Cream Recipe Here’s a perfect whipped cream recipe for your files. It...
- White Trash Cooking: Green Beans & New Red Potatoes Recipe Snap Beans, String Beans or just plain old Green beans…...
- White Trash Cooking: Yellow Squash and Zucchini Recipe The phrase: White Trash Cooking is used lightly here… because...
- Holiday Chili Dip Recipe This Chili Dip Recipe is a quick and easy answer...
- New Potato Recipe: Fresh Parsley Potatoes This parsley potato recipe, using new potatoes, is easy and...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.