Hanging Baskets For Mother’s Day
April 22, 2009 · Print This Article
Hanging baskets are will be available in the nurseries soon. Actually, it’s not too early to begin thinking about Mother’s Day gifts. Hanging planters make an ideal gift because they give Mom and Grandma joy all summer long.
Picking out hanging baskets for Mother’s Day gifts for Mom and Grandma will be a snap if your follow a couple of simple rules.
1. Select the flower planter according to where it’s going to be hung. Will the flower basket have full sun most of the day… or will a shady porch or patio be its home? If the planter will get only the morning sun or a very few hours of sun… shade flowers are the best. If the planter is going to get afternoon sun… or hot sun… make sure you select flowers than can stand the heat.
Many nurseries will have the full sun planters separated from the shade planters. If they don’t have them separated… ask “customer help” direct you to the appropriate kind you need.
If you find the hanging basket is full of Impatients,or Begonias.. you’re looking at a shade planter.
If Petunias, Daisies, and Geraniums are the order of the day… then it’s a full sun planter.
2. Choose hanging baskets or floor planters where the flowers are not over grown. Small under developed plants with just a few blooms are better than fully developed plants…full of blooms. If the hanging basket is too over grown… when the foliage is pinched back to encourage spreading, it will look straggly and will not fill in well.
Happy Mother’s Day shopping for hanging baskets.
P.S. The hanging baskets in the photos have been planted very full and nice. They are just perfect right now. In a couple of weeks however, they may be a bit over grown. Pinch the bloomed flowers back so it will fill out and bloom again.
P.P.S. Don’t forget to get your self a hanging basket. You’ll enjoy it all summer long. Just remember to get the right kind for the right location.
- Growing & Cooking With The Herb…Dill Dill is an herb that flourishes well in an herb...
- Easter Bunny & Chicks On Easter Cards & Place Cards The Easter Bunny and Chicks are probably the most recognizable...
- Growing And Cooking With The Herb: Parsley Growing and cooking with the herb… parsley… with it’s celery...
- How To Prevent Weeds In Your Flower Beds It’s not to early to prevent weeds from popping up...
- Pansies Take A Bum Rap I think Pansies take a bum wrap. How in the...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.